This recipe is as easy as pie and is a delicious way to get out the vote!
Even if you’ve never baked before, you will find this recipe easy and feel like such a genius in the kitchen! For you more experienced bakers–use your own time honored recipes along with these design inspirations!
These are the ingredients/tools I suggest:
- 2 21-oz cans of apple pie filling
- 2 packages of pre-rolled pie crust (2 crusts in each box, I like to have extra to play with)
- Optional: 1 egg to make egg wash for crust
- 1 pie pan (can be an oven safe dish or disposable aluminum 9 inch pie pan)
- Aluminum foil
- Knife (for cutting decorations in pie crust)
- Optional: 1 silicone/basting/pastry brush for egg wash
You’ll also need 1 oven (not pictured) pre-heated to 425 degrees Farenheit (or whatever your pie crust box says).
Put 1st layer of pie crust on to pie pan.
Add apple filling (2 cans).
Now the fun part! Cut a design from the remaining layers of pre-rolled pie crust. Make sure there are holes/slits for heat to escape in the baking process.
Extra credit: beat an egg into a bowl and brush the egg wash onto the crust for a deeper color, you can also use your fingers if you don’t have a brush.
Bake for 40 minutes at 425 degrees Farenheit (or whatever directions are on your pie crust box). After the first 20 minutes, take your pie out and make a collar out of 3 inch wide strips of aluminum foil for the edges of your pie so they don’t burn. Return the pie to the oven for the remaining 20 minutes.
Ta-da! Give to your friends, neighbors, and colleagues, and remind them all to Vote!