Social Media & Community Manager
Busy, youthful downtown-LA author/writer/artist/feminist who is an active personality in social media, television/film/web and social activism is seeking a social media/.community manager who is deeply connected to the Fiber Arts Community! Candidates should also be social media savvy, an outstanding communicator and has experience and drive to engage the online craftivist community. They should have the following qualifications and/or a combination of skills and experience and a willingness to learn. Ideal candidates will exhibit a positive, upbeat attitude & self presentation and have the ability to interact with a diverse range of people.
This is a part-time, remote, contracted position. The candidate need not be located in Los Angeles, but should be open to working collaboratively with existing team and thrives in a startup environment.
What you will do:
- Develop and implement strategic plan for social media promotions and online community engagement.
- Create regular posts across all social media channels.
- Write blogs, articles and others types of direct communications.
- Utilize and maintain relationship management database (CRM).
- Seek out new opportunities for connections, promotions and collaborations in the Fiber Arts World.
- Communicate with team through phone, email, Marco Polo, Slack, Skype, G-Suite.
- Other duties assigned as relevant to the position.
What you will bring:
- Intimate connection with and experience in navigating the FIber Arts community.
- A sincere passion for social activism and craftivism.
- Knowledge of G-suite applications (sheets, docs, slides and forms), MS Office suite.
- Expert knowledge of how to create and utilize Mailchimp’s tools in order to optimize and strengthen our community.
- Knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Dropbox and Slack.
- Friendly and professional demeanor with openly expressed enthusiasm.
- Critical thinking and creativity.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Enthusiasm about working in a startup environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter expressing how you meet the qualifications, current resume and any links to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Social Media/Community Manager” in the Subject Line. Thanks!